This one's for my love for current TV:
1. CASTLE (ABC)
2. HIMYM (CBS)
+ CHUCK (NBC)
Everything else has ended, cancelled, or has not begun yet.
********************************* THIS IS SPOILER FRIENDLY ZONE!
Think before you enter.
I try to use 'read more' for text posts/spoilers, but if you're afraid of even spoiler images, then this is not a place for you my dear friend.
Can the next one be wedding wedding wedding.
Now we know that the next time a press release revealing a future episode title tells us that the title of some episode is one word repeated three times (perhaps Bells, Bells, Bells, or Tie, Tie, Tie or Duck, Duck, Duck, or Tell, Tell, Tell, or Yes, Yes, Yes, or Turn, Turn, Turn , or something similar) then we’ll know that that episode is going to be an important Barney/Robin episode with lots of scenes with them.
If I would have to make a (slap) bet with someone, I would put my guess on “Turn, Turn, Turn” as the the title of penultimate episode of HIMYM season 7/the episode that’s gonna be a big B/R story of “getting back together”. I shall keep it my knowledge why I’m making this guess.
I was wrong. The last 5 episodes are titled:
But in a way THREE was kind of in an episode title. In 7x20. And I’m still hoping that my guess about an episode having a title which is the same word trippled will occur perhaps in season 8 then?
My thoughts while watching How I Met Your Mother.
I have noticed that the writers of the show have used one specific way/reason/event in many cases to create a reason for a couple to break up. It’s …………………………… [drummroll, please] engagement!
- Season 1: Marshall & Lily — their engagement made Lily rethink her life, and realize that she hadn’t done all the things she had wanted to do before getting married. She wanted to live her dreams before marriage. So she and Marshall “broke up” for a while. But they found their happy ending a year later.
- Season 2: Ted & Robin — a false engagement. A champagne glass with engagement ring delivered at the wrong table ended up leading to their break up. They were moving too fast. Moving in together and all that. It took a false engagement possibility to make them see that they should go separate ways. They couldn’t accept each others little quirks, and see the world just too differently to make it work as a couple.
- Season 3/4: Ted and Stella — Ted’s proposal and Stella’s agreement lead to their wedding day. But the proposal also brought back memories from the past, and those ended up being a crucial factor, and one of them [the bride] chose someone else from the past over the present significant other. So in a way the engagement lead to the break up on the wedding day. Because even if there were feelings between the two, they were not as strong as feelings for someone else.
- Season 5: Barney & Robin — a staged false engagement ending up to be a real engagement. The groups plans to break the two up by making them move too fast in the relationship ended up being the start of a journey that lead to their “break up”. They were willing to take the next step, because they didn’t see any reason why not to, but they were not ready to take the step then, and so they decided to put that plan on hold, and go back to being “just friends”.
- season 7: Robin & Kevin — the shortest real engagement on the show, I think. All it took was him asking a question, and her giving a short answer for them to go their separate ways. Because she had doubts. She didn’t want him to give up some things because of her, and he wasn’t willing to give up those things for her. So they broke up.So will the same technique work also for:
- season 7: Barney & Quinn — will it take another engagement on the show to break up another relationship? Just like Ted & Robin in season 2, Barney & Quinn are moving too fast in their relationship. Out of nowhere they decide to move in together early [too early in their case] in their relationship. And the spoilers are out there that say that they will get engaged pretty soon, too. Weather it is a real engagement, or will there be another champagne glass delivered at the wrong table [Lily’s/the groups plan?] … I do not know. But of this I am certain: id they do get engaged, then there will be a deal breaker in their relationship that will lead to the inevitable break up. When and how.. I do not know. But I hope they used the option to mirror season 2 Ted/Robin and season 7 Robin/Kevin events in here. It’d be a wasted opportunity if they wrote it any other way. I’d really love if B/Q making rash decision about moving in together, and then realizing how different they actually are, and how some of the others quirks irritate them would come into play. Mirroring S2 T/R. And more importantly how Robin chose Kevin over Barney for a little bit and how that hurt him. And now Barney choosing Quinn over Robin for a little bit will hurt her. But in the end … it’s Barney & Robin who have the chemistry, not the others. All they need now is just the right time. To get their timing right.
The writers/creators of the show have said in the interviews that Barney will get married. On that future day that we’ve seen in 6x01 and 6x24 and 7x01 [and will see in 7x24]. That’d he will get married on THAT day. That he doesn’t get cold feet and run or anything like that. To me it now occurs that what they could mean by that is this: if the B/Q engagement will lead to actual wedding plans, and wedding day, then that is the day when he doesn’t go through with it. In 2012. But in the future [2013 or later?] when he is getting married to his best friend and soul mate [Robin], he will get wedding jitters, but that’s normal, and he will get married on THAT day.
What’s in the box? What’s in the box? What is in the box? What’s in the box?
My thoughts on the topic of “What’s in the box” regarding the HIMYM season 7 finale and the metal box Barney is trying to bring on an airplane.
These are purely random, and wild speculations and will most likely have nothing to do with what’s really in the box, and the actual storyline
TOP 5 THINGS “WHAT SHOULD ACTUALLY BE IN THE BOX” BARNEY HAS:
- It’s Robin Sparkles 4, y’all!: One more never heard of Robin Sparkles video from Robin Scherbatsky’s past.
- Stinson Productions Presents: Scherbatsky. Robin Scherbatsky.: Barney-Robin sex tape(s)/disc(s)
- Little black box: An engagement ring. Engraved. With the name Robin inside.
- Barney’s list: The list of all the women he’s slept with, and the scapbook he made.
- NOTHING: I’ll never tell. Any of you. I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you. But the box is actually empty. That’s the magic trick. It’s all part of the master plan…
What IS in the box? What’s really in the box?
According to Joe Kelly, one of the writers:
Source: Joe Kelly’s twitter
btw, this is a totally different box [most likely]
One more thing though… I wonder if the metal briefcase from under Barney’s bed [mentioned in an earlier season] come into play here, and it’s a metal box actually???
Here’s my guess what those 18 unfinished story lines/things could be:
- It’s creepy! aka Never date your therapist: When and how [and for what reason] will Robin and Kevin break up? [see season 7, 7x16]
- The mystery of the “Ugly Shirt Guy”: Whatever happened to the guy with the ugly shirt? Ted claimed that the ugly shirt will return. Or at least the guy, perhaps not the shirt. [see 6x21] We will hear about him again.
- The Slap Bet: When and how will Marshall use the last two remaining [extra] slaps? The slap bet between Barney and Marshall. [see 2x09 … 7x09]
- Last cigarette. Ever.: What are the reasons behind Robin smoking her last cigarette in June 2013? and Barney in March 2017? [see 5x11]
- Ted, sundress up!: Why is Ted wearing the green sundress? What kind of a bet did he lose? What was the challenge he accepted? [see 6x11] Will be revealed in episode 7x18 or 7x19
- SRRS: Sandy Rivers/Robin Scherbatsky aka how exactly does Robin’s career take a positive turn after that New Years Eve live broadcast? [see 7x13]
- Back up wife: How Ted lets go of the past, and finally moves on— (sadly I have little faith in tv writers to do it in any other way than re-visiting the ted/Robin story line, and giving ted closure in that way. A tiny part of me still hopes they won’t actually make them date again, just talk about breaking the pact.) —in order to finally be ready to meet the mother. [see 4x17]
- Marshall & Steph 4eva: How do Barney & Marshall end up gambling? And why is Marshall wearing a T-shirt saying “marshall and steph forever” [see 7x02]
- The missing daddy issue: Why is Marshall not there in the hospital when Lily goes into labour? And will he make it there before their baby is born? [see 7x03]
- The Ducky Tie 2: ” The Ducky Tie returns”: Why is Barney wearing the ugliest tie again, and what is that mystery phone call he gets all about? [see 7x02]
- Victoria… : What happened after Victoria got on the bus? Did Klaus experience the longest pause of his life after he asked a question? Did Victoria response with the single greatest word in English? [see 7x03]
- Bed of roses: Has Ted, the detective known all along, or will he put the clues together only in the future? [see 7x10]
- Pole vaulting: Robin telling his best friend(s) the difference between pole vaulting and “pole vaulting”. How will Barney/everyone else find out about the bad news doctor Sonya gave Robin in 2011? [see 7x12]
- The Chinese food theory vs The Olive theory: What’s up with Barney claiming he doesn’t like chinese [in a joking manner], yet eating chinese food all the time? But more importantly - does Barney like olives? [see 1x01]
- Dammit, Trudy, what about the pineapple?: How exactly did the pineapple get to Ted’s bedside table? [see 1x10]
- She’s a perfect match: Will Ted ever get to finally go on a date with the girl who, according to the smart computer, is (almost) a perfect match for him? [see 1x21]
- Have you met Mrs. Stinson?: Who is the BRIDE? Who is the “right tie” he chose? The woman Barney Stinson marries. And how do they get from just being friends/a couple to proposal and marriage?
- “The One”: Who is the MOTHER? And why is she at Barney’s wedding? Who invited her? Is she even on the guest list? And how exactly does Ted meet her?