This one's for my love for current TV:
1. CASTLE (ABC)
2. HIMYM (CBS)
+ CHUCK (NBC)
Everything else has ended, cancelled, or has not begun yet.
********************************* THIS IS SPOILER FRIENDLY ZONE!
Think before you enter.
I try to use 'read more' for text posts/spoilers, but if you're afraid of even spoiler images, then this is not a place for you my dear friend.
Sorry about the confusion.
And btw, there are never any stupid questions. I learned that a long time ago in school.
Most of the images are just random little things I notice while watching the show. Random things that mean nothing.
Like the same/same kind of/similar props [items] used in different scenes and episodes.
- Some are “easter eggs” and other little details hidden in the background or somewhere [like the “Nessie” poster in Marshall’s childhood bedroom and the framed newspaper clipping about Future Marshall’s captured photo of the Nessie]
- Some are things - props, items of certain colour [white, purple, green, blue, yellow] used in certain moments of the show. Like yellow represents the mother, and like purple represents Barney’[s wedding]
- Some are numbers that I notice that could mean nothing at all, but when thinking in another way could be meaningful. Like 110 could be 1x10 and 312 could be 3x12. Like episode numbers. Like references to another episodes.
- Some are things that I believe are clues. Like the timing thing with Barney and Robin, and clocks. Or like purple items referencing to Barney’s wedding, and the bride, Robin.
- But most are just random things. That don’t have any deeper meaning really. Like group photos framed on the wall, or the MacLaren’s bar sign, or signs on the walls [do not touch, low point, etc…], or text on things [like the name of Barney’s one-man-show, or beer labels…] or olives in a jar, or names of the creators - Carter and Bays [poster on the wall of Barney’s apartment, mural in the Atlantic City restaurant in the bachelor party episode, hockey jersey]
- But two things are certain: if there’s yellow on the image, my mind saw either a connection with the mother, or just the colour yellow [used a lot in S7, no obvious direct connection to the mother - like the ducky tie, and the wall colour, and Robin’s coat, and the yellow taxi cabs]. And if there’s anything on the images that has a reference to a wedding [white dress, veil, calla lilies/orchids, the word bride, a ring, colour purple] then my mind has connected it to Barney & Robin, and the future wedding.
I know my mind works in strange ways, and perhaps others don’t get what connection my mind has made with a certain image/detail I’ve cut out of the scene, but for me they mean something. I could be right. I could be wrong. But I tend to notice certain things, and details, and similarities/parallels. Like Barney & Robin often eating Chinese [takeout] food together [on the couch of the apartment].
I know it’s all very random. And I cannot explain it very well. But if you have more questions, or would like to know what I saw in a certain image/scene, then please ask which one you would like to know about, and I’ll try to explain.
Also… I know there are much much more, and better “details”, but I don’t have the screencaps, and I am just too lazy to take the time, and re-watch and cap the episodes.
Okay, so my theory is a little crazy and improbable.
I’m thinking that Robin and Kevin will continue dating until Kevin finds out about that night, whereby they will break up, and by then, Barney will have his eyes on the new love interest.
And through his relationship with Quinn (the new girl - who is not Jess), he will, you know, sort of actually like her, cause apparently, she’s supposed to be a female version of Barney, (which Robin already is, as we all know, so I don’t know what to think about that), but Barney will realize that although Quinn may seem to be the perfect match for him, she isn’t Robin.
No one and nothing else can compare.
And Robin, by now, will know that Barney is the person who will understand her, despite being all messed up and not sure of herself, and he’s never tried to change her, because he’s the only one who has, and will always love her as the person she actually is.
Ted didn’t like that Robin was independent, that she smoked cigars and loved guns. But Barney loved her as she was, the gun-toting and not needy individual, the most awesome person he’s ever known.
So yeah, they’ll both come to the realization that they need each other, and having grown so much the past year or so, they’ll get back together, more awesome than ever. They’ll learn that they just have to be in the relationship their way, without conforming or trying to be like others, learning from the time earlier when they dated.
Gah, I am rambling incessantly again. Sorry.
And thank you! You are kind.
… but I guess in order to realize they’ve made a mistake, they need to make the mistake. Otherwise they won’t know it was a mistake - to not be together.
NOT MY .GIF
is so adorable! They are so cute together. And then the making out at the end is nice too.
not my gif.
This is a solid, strong, season. And every episode has been worth to waking up in the middle of the night/staying awake basically til the morning.
good night, now.
…even if we have to see some other story lines in season 7.
But would the writers really spend so much time and effort to create the B/R double-awesomeness, and give all the little hints only to take it nowhere and trick the viewers with the hints? I’d like to believe they’re not. It’s a little bit scary how many things seem to point that the mystery bride is Robin.